Pesarapappu Punugulu in Telugu
The personal favorites of the south Indians have got to be Samosa’s, Vada's and cutlets. Near every roadside stall that sells these yummy and divine snacks, the public can be found waiting in swarms. However, with the number of spices and oil used, this is not so healthy if had often. Yet, our mind is fickle. It is known to divert from our thoughts and determinations often. And the tempting aroma of these dishes doesn't help either. So, the only way to keep ourselves satisfied is to find a healthy alternative. Here is a recipe for a snack that is also a bit healthy for our health. Why do you ask? Because these are made with some nutritious foodgrains! So, let’s get our kitchen utensils ready!
Green gram - 250 ml
Chopped Ginger - 1 no
Chopped Green Chili - 1 no
Chopped Curry leaves
Chopped Coriander leaves
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Chopped Onion - 1 no
Chepala Vepudu (Easy Fish Fry) recipe - https://goo.gl/JKRTsg
Green Gram Idli in Telugu recipe - https://goo.gl/6FgM8b
1. Soak the green gram in enough water for about 5 hours.
2. After 5 hours, grind the green grams.
3. Add a little water while grinding, just enough so the batter is nice, thick and of dropping consistency.
4. Now, add the chopped ginger, green chilly, curry leaves, coriander leaves, onions and cumin seeds to the mixture.
5. Season it with some salt and mix well.
6. Check for seasoning and add more salt if required.
7. Take a wide saucepan and heat some oil for deep frying.
8. Gently drop a bit of batter into the oil.
9. Fry them in batches of 5 to 6 at a time.
10. Fry them until they turn a lovely golden-brown in colour!
Pesarappu punugulu are best had with some coconut chutney or any pickle. Serve them hot!
#PesarapappuPunugulu #Telugu #Greengram #Pesarapunugulu #homecookingtelugu
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com