|1) Which field of study Computer or Electrical Engineering has the best career prospects in India?|
Both are good fields as far as job opportunities are concerned but most of the students these days choose computer science as their first choice because there are so many opportunities working in the software sector. That said, even if you major in another field, you may still be able to get a job working in this field.
2) I want to improve my english. plz tell what should i do? any book for prepration
It is good that you want to get well-versed with English. The basic tip to improve English is to read a lot of good English articles like newspapers, books or journals. This reading should be in your regular habit. Even when you think, think in English. Try to have partners with whom you can talk in Englsh. It is also necessary that you increase your vocabulary so go through dictionary and try to find out new words which express your opinions. Also pay attention towards English grammar which is the sole of language. This much is sufficient on self basis to improve English. Best of luck for your English and your future.
3) As I want to do Aircraft Maintenance Engg. please inform me on the Institutes offering such courses ?
A course in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is not a degree but a licence course and
only those institutes approved by the DGCA can impart training in this subject. Training is
imparted for servicing and maintenance of aircraft to ensure 100 per cent flight safety.
After completing the course and passing the internal exam, you have to clear the licensing
exam conducted by the DGCA. Most flying clubs have training institutions attached to them.
If you opt for any of these, do make sure it is recognised by the DGCA.
Besides, very few institutions offer training on heavy aircraft and jet engines. Most make do
with small aircraft and piston engines. So do watch out before you enrol. Remuneration in
this field is very attractive. In Indian Airlines, Air India, Pawan Hans and other private airlines,
engineers get a starting gross salary of about Rs. 25,000 to 40,000 pm. which goes up to Rs.
1.20 lakh, whereas the total training cost is only around Rs 1.25 lakh.
- Some of the approved institutes offering courses in aircraft maintenance engineering are:
- School of Aviation Science & Technology, Delhi
- Flying Club Ltd., Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi 110003
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Opp. Sanganer Airport, Jaipur 302011.
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science, Sonari Aerodrome, Sonari, Jamshedpur.
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, 40, G.S.T. Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016.
- Hindustan Institute of Aeronautics, 5, Temple View, Near Neori Mandir, Lal Gathi, Bhopal.
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna..
- Indian Institute of Aircraft Engineering, A Block, Maurya Lok Complex, Patna 800001.
- Alternatively, you can do a BE/BTech in Aeronautical Engineering or an Associate Membership of the Aeronautical Society of India (ASI), which is equivalent to a BE/BTech. For further information, contact: Aeronautical Society of India, 13-B, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi 110002.
4) what is the cut off marks in IIT & AIEEE
Expected IIT JEE 2008 cutoff for admission: 185-190 marks
Expected IIT JEE 2008 Extended Merit List Cutoff : 150 marks
Subject cutoffs are expected to be about at maximum of 20 marks This is because to clear a subject cutoff you need to be in to 20% of the total marks scored by all the students in that subject. So this will lead to very low subject cutoffs and most of you will be able to clear that.
5) what is scope in mechnical engineering
There is a lot of scope in Mechanical Engineering
A) As far as job opportunity is concerned there are huge opportunity. These days there is a lot of boom in auto sector as well as in others sector too.
B).This is a evergreen branch ,you can go in most of the sector like, auto, manufacturing, oil, gas , construction and even in software
C).You can go for higher studies
D).You can go in teaching profession after your higher studies i thought you got your answer.
6) what are the other career options for science students other that medical and engineering?
The following are carrer options:
teaching, nursing, social service co-ordinator, community health workers, government jobs like staff selection commisiion any bank jobs
UPSC civil services
etc.... there are plenty like this... i advise u to take a look at Employment news, a weekly one which gives u plenty of idea about careers