Top social networking sites in India
||comScore, Tuesday, February 17, 2009
RESTON, VIRGINIA: comScore, Inc., a leader in measuring the digital world, today released a report on the top social networking sites in India, finding that visit to the site category increased 51 percent from the previous year to more than 19 million visitors in December 2008.
The study also found that global social networking brands continued to gain prominence in India during the year, with Orkut, Facebook, hi5, LinkedIn and MySpace each witnessing significant increases in visitation.
Indian software developers prefer Orkut
"Social networking continued to grow strongly in India this past year, with several of the top global brands carving out a more prominent position," said Will Hodgman, comScore executive vice president. "While there is certainly room for several players in the social networking space in India,the sites that have the right blend of having both a strong brand and cultural relevance will be best positioned for future growth."
Orkut tops list of social networking sites in India
Orkut reigned as the most visited social networking site in December 2008 with more than 12.8 million visitors, an increase of 81 percent from the previous year.
Orkut's audience was three times the size of its nearest competitor in the category. Facebook.com captured the #2 position with 4 million visitors, up 150 percent versus year ago, followed by local social networking site Bharatstudent.com with 3.3 million visitors (up 88 percent) and hi5.com with 2 million visitors (up 182 percent).
- Bharatstudent is ahead of twitter according to comScore
comScore, Inc. 21st December, 2011
- Bharatstudent.com looks at NASDAQ listing by next year
Business Standard, 17th March 2011
- Bharatstudent announces integration with Facebook®
Mumbai, 14th March, 2011
- BharatStudent: The Facebook of India
CHIP Magazine, December 2010
- bharatstudent.com in Top 50 Digital Brands
1st September, 2010
- bharatstudent.com - Top 3rd Social Networking Site in India
25th August, 2010
- Dr. K. Rosaiah, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Launched JNTU Kakinada University Information Systems & Email Service
26th March, 2010
- Top social networking sites in India
17th February, 2009
- Northgate Technologies subsidiary to launch www.bharatstudent.com
Equity Bulls, 3rd September, 2007
- Bharatstudent.com kicks Off Campus Awards 2007
Mumbai, Maharashtra, IND, 7th September, 2007
- Bharatstudent.com launches Campus Awards 2007
Mumbai, 1st September, 2007
- Campus reps energize Indian student portal
Live Mint, Archana Rai, Bangalore. 5th July, 2007
- Log on to a Social World
Times of India, 12th March, 2007