Bharatstudent.com
Sign Up | Login
Cafe Bharat
Hindi-Bollywood Telugu-Tollywood Tamil-Kollywood Kannada-Sandalwood Malayalam-Malluwood Hollywood

Kannada Movie Reviews

Mast Maja Maadi Movie Review  

Post Comment Bookmark and Share
Mast Maja Maadi Movie Review
  Movie Review : Mast Maja Maadi
Rating : 3 / 5
Banner : -
Cast : Sudeep, Vijaya Raghavendra, Komal, Diganth, Naga Kiran, Jennifer Kotwal, Rangayana Raghu, Sihikahi Chandru, Bullet Prakash, Tennis Krishna and Others
Cinematography : M R Seenu
Anantha Raju
Producer: Soundarya Jagadish
Director: Anantha Raju
Released Date: December 13, 2008

Story:

A hilarious tale, the story begins with four individuals who are carefree and take life as it comes. All of them are ousted from college due to their mischief. One among them is a dumb person (Komal Kumar). The rest (Vijaya Raghavendra, Nagkiran and Diganth) along with the fourth person are trying to figure out the means of life when they chance upon a dying man who tells them a secret of Rs 30 crores. He actually happens to be a chit fund proprietor and is chased by the struggling inspector Prathap (Sudeep) before he dies. Soon, Prathap gets to know that the conman has revealed something to these four chaps and after knowing the truth they come to an understanding. Prathap will get 40% of the money while the other four will get 60%. Soon, they set out to Ooty since that is the place to find it. However, as fate would have it they get separated due to unexpected situations but manage to come together at the right place at the right time. Their journeys to reach to the destination form one major adventure and experience. Do they get the money? What do they do with it? All this forms the rest of the story.

 

Presentation:

The director has come out with a remake subject but then he has been crafty enough to make it entertaining. The script was tight and the screenplay was effective, the dialogues had a lot of humor and the comedy track was excellent. A lot of credit can be given to the music for its peppy tunes and excellent background score and then the camera department who have captured the locales and the emotions in the right manner. Editing was crisp but could have been better. Coming to the cast, Sudeep was a good choice for the role of the cop and he carries with well, Jennifer was hot and sexy and she did her glamour bit very well. Vijaya Raghavendra and Diganth were sporty enough to be part of the team and came up with effective performances, Komal Kumar displayed very good expressions as the dumb person and he is the real show stealer. Nagkiran was valuable with his act. Rangayana Raghu could have been in better control of his act. The others did their bit to contribute.

 

Conclusion:

The film happens to be a lift from the Bollywood hit 'Dhamaal' and it has been woven in an entertaining manner to suit the Kannada audience. The film could have been a lot better if the script was held more tightly. While the first half of the movie goes about with the regular comedy of errors, things take direction during the second half and there is a message in the end despite the presence of comedy and laughter. The film has got good opening potential and it will make good money with a gentle push.

Bharatstudent Verdict: Good comedy entertainer, worth watching...

Watch this Movie Now
0 Ratings          Bookmark and Share
Comments
More Movie Reviews  
More Reviews >>
 
Bharatstudent
About
News
Mobile
RSS Feeds
FAQ
Contact Us
Advertise with Us
Networking
Friends
Gangs
Photos
Videos
Classifieds
Study Zone
Study India
Study Abroad
Notifications
Exam Results
My First Job
Cafe Bharat
Hindi
Tamil
Telugu
Kannada
Malayalam
GenX Zone
Game Zone
Live Radio
Greetings
Recharge Mobiles
Cricket
Become a FAN on Facebook
© All rights reserved to BharatStudent.com Terms of Use | Privacy